ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

calipers move!

1.5 dci
Hi.
i posted in faults about a rattle im getting that seems to come from the firewall area. After searching the web i came across a similar complaint from somebody who had the same. Their problem was worn pad springs allowing the pads to move.

today I took my drivers wheel off and the pads have spring holes but no springs at all. I take it their should be some? Also the caliper moves up and down. Not the mount but the caliper and sliders. I have never come across this before.

should the slides fit snug in the caliper? I would expect rubber bushes in the end to prevent movement, should they have some? If they dont do the springs normally remove caliper movement.

​cheers.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Maybe you need a new slider kit? Pad carrier could also be causing the rattling noise :)

1.5 dci
Im hoping thats the rattle cause, it certainly rattles when I moved it.. Ill have a look for a slider kit. Need new front pads soon, do they come with new springs or are thwy a seperate buy.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
It took a lot of time and effort for any garage to find a knock from the calipers. Its just somewhere you dont expect tbh!