ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calipers

Civic Type -R FN2
What do i need in order to spray my calipers and what colour goes with a black car?

thanks

Use hammerite smooth paint, dont need a huge tin of it. Only comes in a few colours too and you will need a brush.

If you spraying get some heat proof paint, would be better to dismantle the brakes but if not make sure you cover the bits you dont want spraying, including bodywork and spray away.

Ive got green calipers on my Black RSi, works well

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
On my old black saxo vtr i used hamerite gun metal gray, give it a few coats, best if you take the calipers off, then spray with a good quality transparent spray - forgot the name of it now :dapprove:

they look'd mint and subtle to the core lol :cool:

Attachments

• brakes1.jpg
    brakes1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 29
  Megane225FF
you can get away without taking the calipers off, wire brush them down, get all the loose crap off, then wipe 'em down with fairy liquid, let 'em dry, then hammerite them. How many coats you do is up to you.. I'd recommend 2 minimum.