ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling all Genuine LY 182 owners

2004 182 LY
Hi

I have started a register of Genuine LY 182 to establish how many of the 73 are actually still left

So far i have 21 Confirmed cars

If you havent seen the post on facebook please comment below with a picture or just your Reg and factory spec if you know it i.e cup packs so on

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Not a huge amount of help but there was recently one in Hereford that was kept just off Belmont road

2004 182 LY
Not a huge amount of help but there was recently one in Hereford that was kept just off Belmont road

Thats great pal any help is really appreciated. if you can if you drive past there at all could you note the reg down and fire me a pm over ill be able to get the specs of it

thankyou

2004 182 LY
V054 FFS - is that the one that's like Triggers broom?

First owner paid £1000 to Renault for it to be modified for his Disability so it had an electronic actuated clutch and has had a 172 engine swapped into it at some point

theres a big thread on here about it pal just google the reg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
First owner paid £1000 to Renault for it to be modified for his Disability so it had an electronic actuated clutch and has had a 172 engine swapped into it at some point

theres a big thread on here about it pal just google the reg
Yes I remember reading about it now, possibly the most well known LY?

2004 182 LY
Headlight refurb, wax it and c4 all the black bits...be worth 10k then

it will be nevee be worth what other LYs are because of that post and how well known it is but i have no plans to sell it an when this engine goes bang i will be putting a 182 engine back into it

hence why i started the instagram to keep a record and document it all

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
it will be nevee be worth what other LYs are because of that post and how well known it is but i have no plans to sell it an when this engine goes bang i will be putting a 182 engine back into it

hence why i started the instagram to keep a record and document it all
It's more important what it's worth to you mate, ultimately it's still a LY 1*2

2004 182 LY
It's more important what it's worth to you mate, ultimately it's still a LY 1*2

I knew about it before i bought it and it never put me off buying it i wanted a project and i got it for good money compared to what they go for so

i know people have there views about it its worthless and so on but like you say its a LY 182 end of the day or it will be in the end hahaha

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I was very close to contacting him about it also - a great base car to finish of with a bit of paint (tricky paint).
Yeah it's a bit tricky to match!

There is a place in the Midlands that do great work. Mark took his LY R26 there for the whole side blowing over, you couldn't even tell the difference between the roof and the side!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Owners on here somewhere, he commented on the build thread I had up when he purchased.

Clio 182 ly
I have the one Ant sold

Attachments

• 35C3A762-7ABE-489C-A04E-4D7B244EC97B.jpeg
    35C3A762-7ABE-489C-A04E-4D7B244EC97B.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 141