ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling Scorpion RS192 Owners

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have developed a knocking noise coming from what sounds like the passenger rear. I'm unsure on what it could be but having a look on here it's looks like it could either be my coilivers or the exhaust.

I took pics of the exhaust to show how it sits with regards to the beam and body

3C9CB7FF-E11F-453C-9C0F-B9A24ABA61C9-1916-000003E6B35313D4.gif

44785E42-7FD1-4EDE-A7EB-4449441FD975-1916-000003E6C8142FA5.gif

Just wondering how people have got around the exhaust touching or knocking in anything or if there's anything I can do to prevent this as its really bugging me. It only really does it on uneven, bumpy roads. I have "home made solid exhaust mounts" (basically covered in tiger seal). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, mark.

FRS
My rs192 knocks like mad when taking off in first or coming off the throttle hard in 1st or 2nd.. Really annoying!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mine doesn't seem to knock when coming off the throttle hard in early gears. I notice it mostly over bumpy back roads and shakey grounds.

I must admit I haven't had a look at my center exhaust mount. I havent changed it in the 20ish months of ownership. I'll check that out today. Would that cause that much knocking?

Last edited:
Not too sure really, depends how much of a bang it sounds like?

I took the copper washers out for my MOT and have left them out and the odd metallic scraping noise seems to have gone so having the exhaust jacked up to look neater probably is putting it higher than it wants to sit it I've had no noises letting it hang low, I put a new eBay center hanger on when the exhaust was first on, it was silent for a while then I read how badly they ware over renault ones, had a look and sure enough it looked worse than the one I took off and its only been on 7 months or something.

Renault have apparently revised the center hangers plastic for a more rigid type and it's now red, costs around £7.50, I'm going to get one soon. Not sure if that will be your problem but might be worth a try.

Last edited: