ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calming an exhaust down? (with decat)

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hey guys, :)
I got a full custom S/s system a while ago which sounded great!
(perhaps a little to raspy for what I was looking at but nothing major) ...

I had decat put on a few days ago, and all though it sounds totally mad, and great for while – I think it is a bit over the top now!
I love the response of it now though…
So, what’s the best way of calming it down a tad?

I’m not sure what a “silenced decat” is or if adding bigger boxes on the back of the exhaust will make any difference…. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Chocolate Bar™
could have an in-line silencer installed, to quiten the exhaust - but doesnt change the nature of the sound much (if at all)

Would be interested to see what can be done as mine seems to have got louder. Took mine back and they said the de-cat was the main problem its so loud and if I had a bigger backbox installed it would make a minor difference but not much and they would have charged me £50.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
geordieclio I know lol, I should still have it on for the next meat... It's great fun like, but perhaps a bit too mental for "normal" driving :p
Just wondering if there was a way I could tone it down a notch.... HMmmm.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Damn! forget it, Been out tonight and let my bro drive it so I could listern from outside of the car....
WOW! Sounds f00king amazing :D think I'm gonna keep it as it is for the time being...... Thanks for the info though guys! :D

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
:D It's just weird inside the car it sounds hard but outside it's like formula 1 man :D sooooo nice :D ... I'm not going gay dude! :p

Hug?