ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam and aux belt parts prices

Clio 172
Just rang my local gsf to get prices on the following parts for my ph1 172:

Timing belt kit...131euro+vat (112.74gbp+vat)
Water pump...36euro+vat (30.98gbp+vat)
Mk1 16v aux tensioner...70euro+vat (60.24gbp+vat)
Cam locking tool, tdc locking pin and pulley immobiliser...76euro+vat (65.41gbp+vat)

These prices are all in euro, and comes to about 378.73 euro altogether including vat, which is about 325.82 gbp.

My question is, does anyone know if anywhere could beat these prices including delivery? And where?

Clio 172
Just priced up all the bits i need there over on eurocarparts.com, and its working out a fair bit cheaper than with gsf, but i'm just cautious of the brands..

Contitech timing belt kit: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...25&1&cd3e564b64acdcb38c2d415a0d73d11de0539c8d

Circoli waterpump: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...21&1&4f900b330f769b085cdee00f993de6ed53801417

LUK aux tensioner pulley: http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...60&1&093f14fda8f7dd2574ce704dd0eb59b11847edaf

Are these brands of decent quality? And do they come with warantee? Also, does anyone know if that LUK tensioner is the right one for the aux belt?

Thanks

Clio Sport 172
I would say the belt kit would be of good quality, like it says on that page, Continental is a renowned company. Looks like it comes with the camshaft end caps too which will save you a bit more. You don't get these with the dealer kit.

Is the pulley locking tool they quoted you for the cam pulleys or for blocking the flywheel to remove the crank pulley?

ITB'd MK1
i would only ever reccomend using a "Gates" timing belt kit

same company renault use

the importance of using Gates is over blown. They're very good, but they're not the only OEM supplier of cambelts through-out the industry. I'm sure Continental (being a HUGE manufacturer) will be totally fine

Clio 172
I would say the belt kit would be of good quality, like it says on that page, Continental is a renowned company. Looks like it comes with the camshaft end caps too which will save you a bit more. You don't get these with the dealer kit.

Is the pulley locking tool they quoted you for the cam pulleys or for blocking the flywheel to remove the crank pulley?
afaik its for locking the cam pullys

cheers lads, anything to say for the waterpump?

and does anyone know if thats the right tensioner for the 16v/williams aux belt?

Birchdown

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup / 172 Exclusive
Gates kits are very good! Also dayco belt kits are equally good and come with a good guarantee! They will cover all the costs should there be any failure issues so they must be confident with there product to offer that!