ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam Belt Pricing

Hi,

I was recently travelling to work and my cam belt went on me whilst i was doing 60 and ive been told it blew all 16 valves. I have been quoted £960 including labour to have it all redone but i was just wondering if that was overpriced or wether that is about right. I have seen a few posts on here at around 550 but i couldnt work out if that included the labour.

Thanks

artic blue 182
ooh what a s**tter:dapprove: what year/reg is it? kick up with renault if still under warranty mate

ValverInBits
New pistons, head, valves, seals, labour.

Get a new engine (if you have the time to source one with miilage you are happy about)

rent yourself a van and go pick it up. then give it to a garage with the new engine. Most places would swap an engine for £600??

ooh what a s**tter:dapprove: what year/reg is it? kick up with renault if still under warranty mate

2001 so no longer in warranty :(
I'm just checking the £960 is not way off and im just being ripped off. I dont have time to find another engine unfortunatly.

Mondeo TDCI 130
^^ are you sure your being riped off? so its a 1.4 16v? so you have 16 new valves, fitting of them with new oil seals, skim and pressure test i would say, gasket set, head bolts, antifreeze/coolant, oil & filter, cambelt kit, auxiliary belt, The time to do all that and the parts with the VAT will easily be creeping towards that much! It would be very unlikely it needs pistons!