ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam Belt - When to replace?

Car  Clio 182
I have a 2004 Clio 182 with 25k on the clock and need some advice on when to replace the belts...

Although the car is still relatively low mileage it is now 6 years old, it had a full service in January and will get one again next January (unless I should get one sooner?)

Will it last another 9 months or should I get it done sooner?

Also, I use my local mechanic who has always been brilliant and very good on price with all my past cars but speaking to people with high performance engines they recommend taking them to specialists as the run of the mill mechanic may get the timing wrong and not the best out of the engine when it's done - is this true??

Cheers!
 
it's 5 years or 72k miles. so your now a year over due. needs doing like asap really mate - not worth chancing it for another 9 months. If it goes wrong it will cost you more to repair in the long run rather then just paying to get the belts done now.
 
Nice one cheers, will get it booked in asap...

Apologies! Will check the board in future! :o

In regards to the mechanic question, is there a great deal depending who does it??
 
I tried to use an indepedant who were adamant they could do it...right up until they tried.

Renault my not be the cheapest, but they will honour the work if it goes wrong
 
Where you from? I wouldn't take it to anyone
unless their well known on here.
 
I tried to use an indepedant who were adamant they could do it...right up until they tried.

Renault my not be the cheapest, but they will honour the work if it goes wrong

don't know about the other specialists on here, but you get 12months parts and labour warranty with me (even if you have non genuine bits)
 
I'm based in Barnsley, willing to travel and have 2 new front tyres need replacing (can anyone suggest what to go for?) on standard 182 wheels...
 
Hi mate, Im having mine done on Monday in Leeds, there not a main dealer but only work on Renaults and have done for 65 years.

I have never used them personally but a few of my friends have.

PM me if you want the details, we could possibly get a discount for 2 cars.
 
As for tyres, I have just put 2 new Uniroyal rainsport 2's on my 182 and they are brilliant especially in the wet. They were only around £80 each fitted, from Motorsport wheels in Seacroft Leeds.
 
Back
Top