ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam Belt

Fiesta ST
my car is on a 51 plate done 47000 miles, reckon its worth doin or what?? how much does it cost to have done? cheers

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
goodluck mate.. just be aware that you need it doing.

there was a chap here not long ago who was an 01 plate with 40kish miles and his went so they dont say 72k miles or 5 years for nothing.

Fiesta ST
right well im still goin alton towers!! think of all the rides!! but on a serious note, what exactly should i have done? may as well have it done properly, reccomend renault or any other garage?? cheers

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
get it done properly buy a garage who've done it before. etc

Rentech
gdi
yozza
the other one garage whos owner has the red v6 (cant remember)

They are all good imo and youll get the work done cheaper.

renault quoted me 1600 quid for service and cambelt. Garage must have been on crack.

Fiesta ST
f**k me!!! if its anywhere near that the 172 is well and truely bein fucked off!!! bring back the 106gti!! might give renault a ring for a laugh tomoz see what they quote, thing is them places above are nowhere near me, will have to ring round.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't go to renault!!!! Mine was £400 for cambelt, aux belt and waterpump.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No point getting it of k-tec that i can see? No sign, one day it will randomly break BOOM

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
best to phone around and see their price for fitting if your willing to supply the belt. Dont see any problem geting k-tecs parts after all correct me if im wrong it is the original renault part.

Its the 5.5 hours labour charge which is the expense. not the price of the belt.

Start up squeel, or, abnormal noise at 2100k revs were signs my aux belt bearing was going.. and if that goes cambelt goes with it.

Fiesta ST
well i well and truely are playing with fire this week, wed - chester zoo, today blackpool and tomoz alton towers all from manchester!! better not go tomoz!! If it does go what am i lookin damage wise?? is there any horror storys? really am gutted, well cant afford it.

My cup is 52 reg and has done 38,000. would you recomend I had my cam belt changed as well? Is there a bit of history with clio's and cam belts that have gone early?

Fiesta ST
right now i come to it, it does make a funny noise when starting up(when cold) like a weiring sound(if thats the right word), then when its warm it goes, runs like a dream after that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well every car i know off that has a cambelt is 5 years or 70ishk miles, well known fact not to leave it. It's made of rubber, rubber weakens over time.

Megane
get it done before the recommendations renault say 5 years or 72k i say 4 years or 60k whatever comes first. you could regret it or it may last ages i would not take the risk tho