ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam cover painting

Since my engine is out and I am waiting for parts, thought I would be as well giving block etc a lick of paint. However I am unsure how to get a good finish for cam cover. Will be using engine laquer for block and head, but it doesnt really produce a good finish. Have a compressor and spray gun, so thought about thinning the laquer and spraying it, but not sure what to thin it with, as normal thinners wont clean the laquer of a brush, and so I assume is unsuitable. Any ideas about this, or anybody got a good method for a nice finish on cam cover (really the bit that counts since it is in plain view). Thanks

just need to sand it down a bit to get a better finish before painting. i dont know about thining the laquer. maybe put it on in layers a couple of layers and finely sand it to a finish?