ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt/Aux change 172 cup 53reg

172cup & 182cup pk'd
Hello
Looking at changing the cambelt and aux belt on my 172 cup 53reg, can anyone advise of the exact parts i will require to allow myself to carry out the job correctly - also anyone know if there is an alternative kit other than renault just that there cambelk kit is in excess of £150

Cheers
Griff

Mondeo TDCI 130
If you havent got the proper locking tools and havent done one before mate, i wouldnt tackle it!!

Lionel Richie
cambelt kit is 7701476675 £136.74 +vat
auxbelt is 7700114730 £14.22 +vat

cam plugs

7700106271 £6.64+vat
7700274026 £3.08+vat

have you got the special tools needed?

Lionel Richie
the tools required
DSC_0251.jpg

172cup & 182cup pk'd
My uncle a mechanic and has the tools, he's also doing the job - anyone know if there is a cheaper cambelt kit/aux belt kit that is available??

Cheers
Griff

Lionel Richie
aux belt you can get from anywhere (take the old one down a motor factor)

cambelt kit is available elsewhere, but its only about £20 cheaper, so may as well go for the renault kit

Lots of Alfas
Gates do a cambelt kit with the 3 rollers/tensioners, its £121 which is about the same as the Renault one iirc. But the parts are identical i beleive anyway.