ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change / Gearbox Problem 172

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Looking to buy a 172 (Y reg) with 61K. and note that cambelt needs changing. Any ideas on how much this costs? Also it crunched slightly going from 2nd to 3rd at full chat, is this normal or expensive to fix.?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
crunch is not good good as the gearbox sycros are poor and expensive, cambelt needs to e done at 5 years , avg cost is about 300 for that... walk away

Second hand gearbox isn't to bad about £400 depending which one you use.
Clucths arn't that good depends how you drive it might need a new one at 60k though.
Cambelt is about £250~350 depends where you dgo as the 72k service is at the same time which is about £250 as well.
Servicing rules/time/whats done etc (172/182)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107873

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
look elsewhere. simple. sounds abused to me. gearbox sounds like its been rammed into gears upon hard acceleration. stay clear. dont make a rush decision.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Thanks for your help guys. I carried on looking and found a 2001 Black model with FSH and only 27000 miles. P{ersuaded the seller to change the cambelt and take my Alfa Spider in p/x. Drives great, no crunching and makes the spider feel like a pram.