ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt Changed. 182 now idles at only 600 Revs!!

Clio 182
Hi All,
I recently got my cambelt and Aux belt changed on my 182 at Renault which I thought would give me peace of mind and I wanted everything spot on so paid the extra. I got the car back and when the car is sat there it now only sits at around 600 rpm rather than the 1000 mark which it was at when it went in! Is this a problem or does anyone have any explanations?:(

Answers much appreciated. Thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does it drive ok? Lol at taking it to Renault for peace of mind.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
sounds about right once it has warmed up 600ish, 1150ish when cold

Clio 182
Yes the car drives fine. Only other thing I have noticed is when I first switch the windscreen wipers on there is a click noise which seems to come from the passenger footwell area and it does this click noise again when the wipers stop? Anyone have this also? Thanks for the answers.

AK

M240i
Yes the car drives fine. Only other thing I have noticed is when I first switch the windscreen wipers on there is a click noise which seems to come from the passenger footwell area and it does this click noise again when the wipers stop? Anyone have this also? Thanks for the answers.

Mines does this for my back wiper! Bloody annoying!!

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
mine clicks when i open/shut the windows and when the wipers are on intermittently, fecking annoying:mad:

Renault Sport Clio 172
My 172 idles at 600 seems like its going to stall sometimes but It doesent affect the car and it never does stall.

Gal

A Clee O
When I picked my car up it was doing this as well. I thought it was an issue but mine drives fine so I've just left it.

It does feel like it will cut out sometimes but it won't I think i was a bit paranoid.

Any chance it was remapped before and renault have removed the map resulting in a change of idle back to normal?

VaVa
Mine idles around 600-700 indicated when warm. And it's a bit lumpy and erratic too, but it's always been like that.

Arctic Blue 182
Mine idles around 600-700 indicated when warm. And it's a bit lumpy and erratic too, but it's always been like that.

When did you last change your oil mate. just did mine and the engines so much smoother now. ! !

mini cooper s
Mine idles at about 600 aswell. Has cut out a few times when been stopped at lights though, was thinking about getting it seen to but don't really think it should be too big a problem?