ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt in 182

clio 182
I went to renault the other day and asked about cambelt and tensioners.
They say that I have to change these on the 72000 service and it will cost 600 pounds
I dont believe them though.
I believe that the y want 600 pounds for it but I am sure that you need to change them much sooner than that, and I am confident that there are some good places that you can do this job much cheaper.
My car is an aug 2004 clio 182 and has 42000 miles on the clock.
Does anybody know when to change this and have to recoment a garage that can do this cheaper but effective.
Thanks in advance

Da

Less
Aux belt 36000 Cam belt is 72000 mate. Renault will charge a fortune, but speak to Mike@RenTech for better rates.

72k/5 years is the service intervals specified by Renault Uk which need to be adheared to to keep the warently. However if you've no warently then i'c chnage at 60k/4years to be safe.

£600 to expnsive £130 for the kit and 5.1 hour labours so there charging near £100 an hour. If you use a none Renault dealership ensure they have the correctly Renault tools. Most garage don't and its a bodge if they don't and can wreck the engine and many have done before now.