ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt, not a question, just a statement

phase 1 flamer 172
Being halfway through attempting my cambelt/dephaser change, I would not do this on someone elses car for £500. A real c*** job.

phase 1 flamer 172
Havent finished yet, just starting to put components back on, I have no doubt I will finish it, but no room to get spanners/torque wrench on, forever jacking engine up/down to get to different bolts, ridiculous.

Clio 182 sport
Can I ask why was such a hard job heard loads of story's of dephaser and cam belt beeing a real pain in the ass and a real c--- to do and replace I have noticed the dephaser is a s**t idea and common fault with these engines as mine sounds like a diesel tractor when warm so could some1 tell me how many tools I would require to change a dephaser and timming belt on my 182 sport would appreciate any help

phase 1 flamer 172
You need specifically a tool to lock the camshafts, a tool to lock the pulleys and a tool to lock the crankshaft, you also need 16mm and 18mm spanners instead of the 15, 17, and 19 more commonly used in my experience. You also have to take half the car to bits to get to the belt etc.

Many.
Once you've done a few, its really not that bad. You learn how to do things faster/better etc.

Worst bit is always making sure the timing is spot on once finished.