ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber and toe recommendations!

AW139
Right, im looking at buying a set of AST sportline 2 coilovers with the top mounts!

After i have had these fitted i would like the suspension geometry setup properly to work in a fast road setup!

I read somewhere that using the pinch bolts for camber adjustment at the front isnt the best way to do it? Am i wrong?

Also where should i have the suspension setup? A whiteline arb is in the pipeline at some point!

Thanks

Nick

Dodgy one
I'd set the topmounts to max castor i cant set mine but thats how itd be set as for camber i roll with -1.5deg camber, and a miniscule of toe in, ice tried toe out and i didnt like it.

I seem to get good even wear across my tyres too.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
It's all personal preference really. everyone drives different.

what's the car used for? if its road your going to need a compromise setup, if its track only play around with the settings.

You don't want huge camber on the road imho.

AW139
The car will be used on the road only but is only used for fun due to having another car for everyday!

I was thinking along the lines of 1.5 deg front camber 1.0 rear camber!

Would rather have a tuner set it up properly! Any recommendations?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd go for 1.5 degrees camber, as much caster as you can find (mod the bottom arms like I have or at least fit cup ones) and with regards to toe its very personally, sometimes I prefer a little toe in and sometimes a little toe out, but never much of either so a good starting point is often parellel.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
-1.5 seems to be the norm for fast road set ups, i had it on mine and really liked it!

i believe the sports come with -1.5 camber as standard so you dont really need to play around with the rear unless you want even more!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I would say 2.0 degrees is max on a road car. Your not going to use any more than that on the highway.

front btw

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
friend of mine had -1.75 on his, and no abs.

straight line braking suffered massively carppy road surfaces! (he was driving like a kn0b though!)

im personally going for -1.5 on the front of mine when i get round to having it done!!