ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam'ed, now what?

Clio 172 Ph1.
Hi all.

After some problems with getting my cams (waited for over a month), and i finally received them, one of them was broken (lucky me), so i had to buy a new one. It arrived friday last week, so i have been busy all day long. Its a real pain in the ass job to do, but i hope i can finish it tomorrow.
Here is my problem.
I spoke to Fastchip about two monts ago, and he told me to contact him when the cams were in. So i contacted him, only to find out that he is to busy to do the job, (lucky me).
What should i do now?
Get someone else here in denmark to do the job?
Or wait for Henk?
I really want the best out off these cams.

a quick question
Can i drive the car with the standard map?
and what will/can happen if i do?

the car is a ph. 1 172 btw.

Lionel Richie
it will be fine on the stock map, won't be optimum, but its fine to drive day to day, i wouldn't go racing with it like that though!

Clio 172 Ph1.
Im gonna drive very carefully till i get the mapping sorted.
As for now, im gonna due with the map in the link.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi all.

After some problems with getting my cams (waited for over a month), and i finally received them, one of them was broken (lucky me), so i had to buy a new one. It arrived friday last week, so i have been busy all day long. Its a real pain in the ass job to do, but i hope i can finish it tomorrow.
Here is my problem.
I spoke to Fastchip about two monts ago, and he told me to contact him when the cams were in. So i contacted him, only to find out that he is to busy to do the job, (lucky me).
What should i do now?
Get someone else here in denmark to do the job?
Or wait for Henk?
I really want the best out off these cams.

a quick question
Can i drive the car with the standard map?
and what will/can happen if i do?

the car is a ph. 1 172 btw.

Mate, you are not that unlucky, I se you have a P1 172, if this is true then just download the base C&B map from the fastchip site

RS RIP
How is you idle ? When mine were put in the idle was NO good ! Mapping was def needed , idle level raised bij 200rpm

I did'nt thrash it either untill the thing was mapped

182 trackday racer
Mine was on a generic RStuner map first time I started it up, took it for a spin and BB-lambda showed it was actually running quite fat. No knock correction signal either so I think you will be safe.

I got a back in stock alert for the custom map a week or so but maybe its closed again?!

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 172
Im going to do this.
But still, i want the engine mapped specificly for my mods.

LOL, i am one of the guys holding Henk back as he is mapping my E&D cams!!! I also have a mate that cammed his and Henk said we will have to wait to!!! but he wont have a base map to start with, so you are a bit ahead

Renaultsport Clio 172
How is you idle ? When mine were put in the idle was NO good ! Mapping was def needed , idle level raised bij 200rpm

I did'nt thrash it either untill the thing was mapped

Franx, does yours idles OK? I am having problems with mine, when coming to a stand still and ingear, the car tries to jump forward at around 1750rpms as if I give it a bit og gas, if I put it in neutral it idles at 2000 for 3 -5 secs then lowers down to 1,150 ish. Henk is still mapping as he says the Engine Dynamic cams seem to be different that the C&B, despite the stated specs, which are the same.

This can be really anoying around town:(

182 trackday racer
how much u lookin godspeed?? what gains have you had??

I paied €820 with shipment and VAT.

Car have not been through the entire maping sequence yet so I dont know. After the first performance analyser runs on the generic map + first custom .cal it made the same power and torque as with standard cams. 118kw and about 190Nm that is. But with quite a flat spot in the midrange. Got a very similar curve to how it was with stock map and stock cams but with a much higher max power and torque.

But I guess its the fine tuning of the ignition curve that does it, think Henk was just leaning it out with this first .cal
But as soon as my car is back on the road Ill let you know how it developes.