ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Campus Sport - rear speakers

Hi all
My son has a Campus Sport (55 plate) and he would like a set of rear speakers.
The head unit has a single cd slot and I noticed it has a fader setting in it.

Does anybody know if the wiring is in place and what size of speakers go in the side panels in the rear. I think they are 10cm, but I need to be sure before I order a set.

cheers
dunk

Golf GTD
i'm not sure about the campus sport, but the clio i had didnt have rear speakers and didnt have any wiring for them also, had to put it in myself.

Thanks for the info Kyle

Looks like I'll have to run the cables from the head unit.

Another question - what tools do you use to remove the head unit without marking the dashboard ?

cheers
dunk

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought release keys from Halfords for £4, they slide into the two holes located on either side of the headunit

Thanks sneeks.

Another question again - Where can I get a wiring diagram for the single Renault cd unit ?
Or when I remove the head unit will it be quite simple to work out.

BMW M135i
The front and rear speakers in a Mk2 Ph3 Clio are 13cm by the way. And also if the wiring isn't already there its not worth the hassle of putting them in.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I didnt have rear speakers in my Clio 99 v plate 1.6 si but the wiring was in place you have to reach down inside the wing they are taped to another bit of loom and they are 13cm.

R26 230
ive replaced the rear speakers in my 54 plate and there is a straight wiring swap just like front speakers, this is not the same as earlier ones, this however cvould be because i had speaker upgrade as an option. They are 13cm speakers and headunit can be removed easily enuff with a coat hanger just bitta bendin. replacing the hed unit is easy straight plugs but MAY (i didnt need to) have to buy an adapter.

172 coming soon
Im forever wiring speakers and Head Units for my mates, and unning speaker cable to the rear panels shouldnt be any bother, providing there is out-puts from the OE Head Unit for rears to make it worth while...

Best idea would be to remove the rear panels and measure the speaker mounts themselves, as this will give ya the answer to your first query..

Get the Release Keys from Halfrauds, or any decent motor store for a few pounds..

If the HU doesnt have rear speaker out-puts, then a decent spec'd after market HU can be bought for £40 or so, and will probably sound better than the OE 1, so that would be worth purchasing (Y)

To release my HU, I used some 6" nails. Still does the same job. 13cm speakers are used for both front doors and rear

sneeks said:
I bought release keys from Halfords for £4, they slide into the two holes located on either side of the headunit
Save yourself the 4 quid and snip the corners off a wire coathanger - shape them into a U shape and slot the "U" in either side of the stereo until you hear a click and then slowly extract the existing headunit.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I removed the rear speaker cover and measured the pitch 13cm. I rummaged around the hole and found a wiring loom, but it was clipped down and I was afraid to give it a hard tug. I'll have to investigate further and see if there is a speaker output in this loom.
I suppose I should take the HU out and see if there are cables running from the 4 speaker outputs, or 2 outputs.
I'll let you all know.
cheers
dunk