ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Campus to 172 rep

I am unable to hold it in any longer so i thought i had best start my project thread.

Ive always taken a keen interest in cars and seen as though this is my first car i knew i wasnt going to be able to get anything fast performance wise as insurance would charge me a bomb. The plan was just just to get something small and economical, not to mod it in anyway, just to build up my no claims for a couple of years until insurance would allow me to get something quicker.

So after passing my test oct 2009 i started looking for a car and found a 57 plate clio campus with 1 previous lady owner and 19,000miles on the clock, in sort of a bluey grey sort of colour. However as soon as got it i instantly knew that i was going to get bored of a standard car. I knew i wouldnt be able to much, infact anything performance wise so pretty much all the mods i planned to do would be for looks/handling

I then decided i wanted to make a 172 rep but with anthracite wheels, which closely match the colour of my car. I have yet to get any pics but it is so close to been finished and am just waiting on wheel spacers that are taking weeks from Germany

Plans

- enitre sport bodykit, front and rear bumper, wings, and skirts and new bootlid to get rid of the hideous campus back end
- 182 athracite wheels
- lower on PI 40mm springs
- wheels spaced 25mm front and 10mm at the back
- k tec stealth exhaust
- BMC CDA air filter

So sat in the shed at home i have the wheels and the body kit sprayed up, the lowering springs and im just waiting to recieve my spacers, as i refuse to put the kit on without them

Will keep this updated as it shouldnt be long till its completed now, in the mean time the only pic i do have is of the front and rear bumper, but will give you an idea of what it will look like

DSCF7572.jpg

Sorry if ive put you to sleep with such a boring post but it had to be done, i know its not going to be to everyones taste, and you may ask why waste your money but its something i love doing and try getting insurance on anything more than a 1,4 when your 17

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Like the colour! Look forward to seeing it finished...
Another guy on here did a campus to sport rep. I remember him having to change the tailgate too, as the campus is different!

DCi 100
Pics. Of. Car. Pleasee.

Should look nice if you do it well, but get some coilovers, not springs!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Coilovers are a good investment. Im looking forward to seeing this because that colour is p**n.

this is gonna look sweet! wish they did the sports in this colour.

Edit: doing it all at once? Good idea, will feel like a whole new car :)

Mini Cooper S
Colour looks nice. Not sure on anthracite wheels with your colour. Would be more inclined to do them in black.

Monaco
Sorry if ive put you to sleep with such a boring post but it had to be done, i know its not going to be to everyones taste, and you may ask why waste your money but its something i love doing and try getting insurance on anything more than a 1.4 when your 17

I did. It does not work :p

You are doing exactly the right thing. Get the cheap to run + insure run around, mod it until you enjoy it, then when the time comes get the power. Love that colour - should pull of the sport look in great style.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Sorry if ive put you to sleep with such a boring post but it had to be done, i know its not going to be to everyones taste, and you may ask why waste your money but its something i love doing and try getting insurance on anything more than a 1,4 when your 17

I did :D i got insured on a 2.0Ltr Vectra :rasp: All for £600 :cool: