ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cams in a 172

172 ff silver
is it possible to fit shrick cams with standard cam pulleys and still get good performance setting them up with standard locking tools or would i need a set of vernier pulleys to put some advance on ? [looking at a touqe profile not much over 270]

also can cambelt/ cams be done on a set of axle stands with a jack on sump to raise and lower engine ?

i take it just the osf engine mounting needs removing and engine can be jacked up enough to work on belts ?

and i doubt the bottom crank bolt needs to be removed to fit cams/cambelt, just worried as i'd be using hand tools and i know they can be a t**t to undo, could some one confirm this ?

any other tips greatly appreciated

You can do it with stands etc but it takes longer. you have to make sure you both have the tools and know what your doing else you'll mess it up (loads have been before now). Its not a simple chnage though drop me an email I'll send you the file

eddeuk yahoo.co.uk

Bottom crank bolt has to be removed though yep.

You can fit the cams without timing as such gains won't be as much but there designed to be direct fit.

172 ff silver
id like to think i know what im doing as i have a btec and nvq3 in light vehicle enginering and was a vag technician for 9 years :) but i have been a joiner for 5 years now so im a bit rusty

im thinking i could lock the crank with bottom 8mm locking pin [from the sealy vs1220 pin kit] and crack off the crank pulley bolt with a bar...... maybe

but thanks for your help so far email on its way

id like to think i know what im doing as i have a btec and nvq3 in light vehicle enginering and was a vag technician for 9 years :) but i have been a joiner for 5 years now so im a bit rusty

im thinking i could lock the crank with bottom 8mm locking pin [from the sealy vs1220 pin kit] and crack off the crank pulley bolt with a bar...... maybe

Get the proper tools though only cheap from ebay etc.

172 ff silver

Get the proper tools though only cheap from ebay etc.

is the sealy kit no good then mate ?

http://www.toolcrew.co.uk/catalogue...pCode=VS1220&gclid=CLq0yLaXuo8CFQFuMAodA0m3WQ