ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cams

OK - what to expect, is it worth it, what should the upgrade be helped with. (a chip of course...?)

here is what catcams offer to F7P/R : range SPORT... http://www.catcams.be/renault/PN55022xx.htmhttp://www.catcams.be/renault/PN55022xx.htm

I want to stay hydro, and a want cam that would give power, but at a time one that would not make low-range, and idle a horror - in regular town-driving. what power bands to expect...

as I see here are piper cams that would give 18 bhp:

If you compare two Piper Cams with each other for the 16v and Williams it looks very similar, everything except the lift eg. Piper 285

Power band Power Duration Valve lift Timing Full lift

16v 2500-7300 18bhp 276/276 10.87/10.87 32-64/64-32 106/106

Willy 2500-7300 18bhp 276/276 11.38/10.87 32-64/64-32 106/106

how is the comparison between them, and catcams from sport section?

Im new to the topic "cams" so well... PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME?

ok to be more specific - please , what do you think about that thing?

please - no one knows?

partnr

duration@0.1mm

timing@0.1mm

max.lift (mm)

lift@TDC (mm)

clearance (mm)

duration@0.050"

timing@0.050"

max. lift (inch)

lift@TDC (inch)

clearance (inch)

peak angle

followers

springs

retainers

infolink

278° - 270°

27/71 - 67/23

10.20 - 9.75

1.70 - 1.20

hydro

232° - 224°

4/48 - 44/ 0

0.402 - 0.384

0.067 - 0.047

hydro

112° - 112°

STD

STD

STD

BMW 320d Sport

I cant understand the catcams specs that well, but they have given two values for each measurement depending on whether youre at 0.050" or 0.1mm. But at a glance it looks like both the Piper cams have a higher lift but everything else is *roughly* the same. The Piper 285 profile is as far as you can go before you have to go to solid lifters instead of hydraulic.

In general it seems the more cam duration you have the more power you will make but it will be across a narrower power band. If you still want a decent idle in town but good power then a cams with 270 to 280 duration will be about as far as you should go.

THANKS NICK!

so these seem to be a tiny bit too much?

even when accompanied with some head work, proprely tuned software?

BMW 320d Sport

It all depends exactly what you want...with my Stage 2 head and fast road cams (Piper 270) I got a slightly lumpy idle and a small but noticeable increase in torque. Definitely worthwhile and made the 16v a lot more fun to drive. If you go to a 285 cam, whoever its made by, catcams, Piper, Kent or whatever, you will get a lumpy idle but more power at the top end, over a slightly narrower range. Itll make no difference anywhere else as far as I can see.

I think the catcams one is somewhere between Piper 270/285 or Kent Sports/Sports R. It will be a bit rough on the idle but should give a nice increase in power at the top.

WHAT SORT OF PRICES ARE YOU GONA BE PAYING? EMAIL ME I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU OUT mailto:pHATNOVA24@HOTMAIL.COM">PHATNOVA24@HOTMAIL.COM

Hi bondy...

what I want... heh.. Iv written a letter to you... e-mailed it, did You get it?

You say You can help - which way? thanks for being interested - its really nice of You. Thank You very much, but I dont know what to ask You for...

Can You make cams for me?
or find a good price for me at Catcams? - I hope to get them for 360 EUR.. still waiting for definite answer though
or help choosing a cam?

if any of these or anythnig else thats nice

thanks very much
Maciek