ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshaft end cover leaking

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I was removing the lifting eye as its been rubbing on my K&N. When i noticed the mess behind. Done a search and found out its the camshaft end cover. Just not sure how to solve leak problem and how to clean up the mess.
View attachment 26574
P.s why do my photos always end up small and click to enlarge?

Last edited:
  Megane 225
Clean it with gunk or another degreaser. U'll need 2 purchase a new cap from renault to fix the leak. I'm guessing they've been removed b4?

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
Had cambelts done back in June last year as I bought car in May with no history so not too sure. Do they just unscrew? Do I have to drain any oil/fluids/etc? Bit of a novice but handy with a spanner!

BMW F31
stick a screwdriver in it and yank it out, then replace with the new ones.

they should've ordered and replaced them when the cambelt was done last year.

before i bought my car it had the same problem, lazy bloody garages!

CB600FS
They don't need to be removed to replace the cambelt on the 1.2, its not twin cam like the 1.4/1.6/2.0

Get the old one off, clean it up as best you can and fit a new one, have a look after a couple of weeks. Tap it in with a 30/32mm socket and a hammer gently. You've gotta remember its taken X amount of years to get like that, and its only weeping, nowt to worry about.

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I must admit I haven't seen and oil on the road, so it cant be much of a leak but wanted to stop it before it got worse. should i put any sealant around when I refit the plug? If so what.