ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camshafts

Lionel Richie
this was on a car with stock (ported) inlet, it had NOTHING until 5.5Krpm, they might of been 423's i forget (BB's old demo car)

Lionel Richie
pretty sure it had 423's thinking about it, was on stock timing though this one, idled at 1200ish IIRC, but was naff below 5.5krpm, just nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, goes mad, limiter, nothing nothing nothing etc etc

i'll have a search through and see what cams it had

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
that was his old engine, not the new one........ we power ran it as it was mapped after we fitted bodies about 2 years ago with its previous owner.

Da

Less
So are 428's a good all round compromise for basically a stock engine with a remap to suit?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
428's are currently the only option in that range to run on stock managment

421's or above wont idle

Black 172 PH2
I was thinking of getting 428's fitted and mapped and then at some stage getting throttle bodies.
Would it be best to just wait and get 421's at the same time as the TB kit?
Is there that much difference between 428's and 421's with throttle bodies?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
about 10 bhp

Brian

I would always start with the management as then you have an open book as to which direction to go

So Yes personally I would wait

Andy

Ph1
I was thinking of getting 428's fitted and mapped and then at some stage getting throttle bodies.
Would it be best to just wait and get 421's at the same time as the TB kit?
Is there that much difference between 428's and 421's with throttle bodies?

Dont bother with cams and TB's in combo.

For the total cash of these you could just about have a supercharger conversion kicking out 250 bhp with the potential for silly power

Black 172 PH2
Dont bother with cams and TB's in combo.

For the total cash of these you could just about have a supercharger conversion kicking out 250 bhp with the potential for silly power

I have thought of the idea of a super charger kit.
Im not after huge power though, but it is something im looking at.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Brian

Yes..

SC power isnt HUGE! but it is very fast.... but very tractable..

As Andy says cams and itbs are close to SC low boost cost... but they are different in delivery..