ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t enter stereo code?!?

Clio 182
I have just bought the original stereo for my 182 and I am trying to install it I’ve got it all plugged in and ready to go but my screen won’t display anything not code or 0000 how do I sort this? Many thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 135

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
There are two types of stock radios, 'Tuner List' and 'Update List', most 182s have the 'Tuner List, later ones may have the Update List, they are not compatible (thus you can't swap them), what have you?

Clio 182
There are two types of stock radios, 'Tuner List' and 'Update List', most 182s have the 'Tuner List, later ones may have the Update List, they are not compatible (thus you can't swap them), what have you?
I have tuner list in a 2005 Clio 54 plate thanks

Clio 182
I’ve also noticed that the standby button on the radio turns the center screen on but just doesn’t display the 0000 or code or error

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
If you or someone previous have entered the wrong code at some point, then the radio has a security feature, that will not allow code re-entry until a set period has passed, this time period starts small but increases with each bad attempt, up to a max of about 30 minutes, you need to leave the set switched ON during these periods.

Clio 182
If you or someone previous have entered the wrong code at some point, then the radio has a security feature, that will not allow code re-entry until a set period has passed, this time period starts small but increases with each bad attempt, up to a max of about 30 minutes, you need to leave the set switched ON during these periods.
Had it on for well over an hour