ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone else help AIRBAG PROBLEM!

Ive had this problem for about a week now (but not all the time).... my airbag light keeps coming on then either staying on or going off when start engine again but then coming on later....

Mates with clios aswell have told me its tension or something.... is this right (not questioning their answer to this problem just wonder)

Has anyone else has had this problem and how to solve it, also i do ragg it a bit aswell could this be part of the problem?

Leanne

[Edited by Walter107 on 24 May 2004 at 2:26pm]

Renault Laguna Coupe

The seatbelt pretensioner cables often come loose - theyre under the seats. This causes the AIRBAG and SERV lights to come on. Your dealer can fix this easily.

Mondeo STTDCI

they will either chop the connector and solder the wires or just tape it all up lol. u can just pout up with it when it comes on jiggle the wires underneath the seat lol

its a common fault on the clio. I get it sometimes as well. Problem lies under the passenger seat. I just replug my connector and it fixes the problem. Will need to get it sorted properly soon though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes what they said ^^^ take it to renault if you want a monkey to fix it :)

I havent had the problem myself, although I do have the stop light flicker when I accelerate hard, no other lights, just the stop light :confused: and not all the time, just now and again..

Ive decided its got to be either the handbrake switch tripping or something.. either that or its my car begging for mercy !

Got mine done for free at my local dealer as a fix is available for it. Also got my gearbox oil changed at the same time - which again is an upgrade - new properties/viscosity apparently.

Ford Fiesta

mine used to do this, just push the connector in under the passenger seat and it goes off. Try not to put anything under seats which will pull on the wires.