ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone explain this hard drive issue?

F82 M4
Hey folks,

So basically my "media" hard drive has starting clunking and clicking really loud, looking into it it appears it's basically on it's arse now and needs replacing, so I bought another one. I copied all the files from it onto another drive, it's just music, photos and videos, no programs or anything like that. However, the new drive is using 60GB less. Wadafak?

Files.jpg

There's no "hidden" folders, it's just what I originally put on them. Where has this 60GB gone? They both have the exact same files on them -

files2.jpg

files3.jpg

Anyone shed some light? Is it just because it's nearly knakard? 60GB is quite a lot though!

F82 M4
There's nothing missing, I've been through it with a fine tooth comb and everything is accounted for. Must just be a knakard drive and using 60GB more than it needs to for some reason I guess.

Run the following from a command line:

fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo d:

fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo f:

Compare the output from each, especially cluster size.