ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I play

Hi chaps,

Just picked up my first 172 last night, a mate of mine on here put a thread up a few weeks back as i was looking for one, but no need as found a pretty cheap one local to me. Just picked up a 2001 Y black Mk1 172 with 84k on it for £4k....result! well thats what i thought anyway.

Had to sell my elise tho, so still feeling a bit numb...altho initial impression (only 4 miles ot work) is good, feels tight, quick and generally having things like radio, roof, seats with padding is all good....

Insurance however is a nightmare, i am 23 with 3 years NCB with tesco and they reckon that i am not entitled to a refund form the elise, cant understnad how the clio can be as expensive to insure as the liz....how odd.

anyhow, im here with a 172 and intend to enjoy it. gunna track it soon too, hopefully before the summer runs out. out of interest, has anyone got thie AA parts and labour warranty, its onyl £60 for annual cover with max £500 x 3 claims a year...seemed pretty good to me, as no offence to anyone, but these thigns dont have the best name in the reliability stakes.

Phil

Golf R/Leon FR

renaults are known for having rattles, usually bits of interoir trim thats loose!!!!

£4k for a 172 is a good price although the mileage is high.

mine is a 2000 X reg with 49k (when bought) i got that for £6.3k about 6 months ago.

how much is your insurance? mine is £880 22yrs old 3yrs ncb with adrian flux

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 11 August 2005

renaults are known for having rattles, usually bits of interoir trim thats loose!!!!

£4k for a 172 is a good price although the mileage is high.

mine is a 2000 X reg with 49k (when bought) i got that for £6.3k about 6 months ago.

how much is your insurance? mine is £880 22yrs old 3yrs ncb with adrian flux

thats a bit high on isurance isnt it? im 23 with no NCB and i got mine for £750 on a mrk 172 2001

Abarth 500

elephant, but i do live in north wales which is safer according to insurance......yeah right still enough b*****d chavs around

Black Mk2 172

jeez , im gonna be paying 1050 22yrs 3NCB 03 plate 172 7000miles. pick it it up tommorow cant wait!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I can beat all of you.... ;)

Aged 30, 10 years NCB - no points nor convictions and Im paying £750 on a 182. Most of the insurance companies wanted £1,200 or thereabouts.... That when youre aged 25..... bollox is a load of crap. It makes jack all difference.

Too much of it depends on your post code.... :cry:

D.

Im 22 and paid around 900 quid for my 172 mk 2, with 3 years NCB which i thort was mint for a 2.0l 16v. I was paying 800 quid last year for a Pug 106 Quiksilver!!

BMW 330d :)

Im paying £580, 5 years ncb, 23 at time of renewal, no convictions on a 172 cup. With priviledge insurance, which was a good quote I thought. Got another quote off bell insurance for a v6 - £1100!! Some jump that!

Black Mk2 172

Quote: Originally posted by mk2_172_silver on 11 August 2005

Im 22 and paid around 900 quid for my 172 mk 2, with 3 years NCB which i thort was mint for a 2.0l 16v. I was paying 800 quid last year for a Pug 106 Quiksilver!!
Think i was was paying aroungd 650 for my quikslver which insurance company are you with?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 11 August 2005

Aged 30, 10 years NCB - no points nor convictions and Im paying £750 on a 182. Most of the insurance companies wanted £1,200 or thereabouts.... That when youre aged 25..... bollox is a load of crap. It makes jack all difference.

D.
Oh, and I forgot to mention. I got a £120 discount by adding my wife onto the policy as a named driver. Sexist, or what???! ;)

D.

Focus ST-2

Quote: Originally posted by Scott 172 on 11 August 2005

jeez , im gonna be paying 1050 22yrs 3NCB 03 plate 172 7000miles. pick it it up tommorow cant wait!

thats a lot of money for insurance, i thought i was bad 54 plate 182, 23 , 3y ncb + 3 points

£595 with elephant, i was £650 on my vtr last year but tried norwich union and they just laughed. i was like fair enough.

26, 3 years NCB, No points.

£499 with Admiral this year
£740 last year with Norwich Union.
£980 the year before that with Norwich Union.

It really does start coming down once you hit 25 and your NCB starts building up.

A red missile

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 11 August 2005

D.

This will cheer you all up no end then.... im 39 (no sniggering at the back) and im paying £542 for a trophy with Adrian Flux with 4 Years ncb and no points living near Bratfud which as most people will tell you is a sh*thole.

Its great being old :D

Clio 182

how come your quotes are so good, who are the best insurers? i have a reasonable post code, i havnt yet got a 172 but should be getting mine next month when hopefully il have enough money saved and the cheapest quote ive had is 1400. im 23 with 2yrs no claims. never had any accidents or driving convictions and been driving 2 and a half years

Clio 172mk2

d_tyler on 2 year ncb at 23 i got qouted 1150 somet near that , but since my old insurence company gave me a extra years ncb is was 970 inc mods coilovers, viper induction kit , =n magnex full cat back

25, Grp 16, £700 a year FC and all the trimmings :D

Would of been £1000+ last year!

Good choice of car and colour ;)

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Female - 35 (no driving miss daisy jokes allowed) no points or convictions, no claims, car parked on driveway, 11 years no claims, full licence 12 years, limited to 8000 miles a year. I pay £407 with Barclays.

Theres a guy over on http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2030Renaultsport Forum. who has just bought a 182 but hasnt passed his test and reckons hes paying £550 fully comp with a company called Close Insurance at 26.

Smells a bit iffy to me. Might pop over and ask for evidence and a policy breakdown, and a number for this insurance company.

H

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

The insurance on a 172 is an absolute joke!!!!!!!

My Dads E430 is going to be £400/year with 30k miles a year, most of them buisness and travel and hes got 6points at least but aint crashed for years. hes 46 though. and his XJS is like £290 a year (5k limtd mileage tho!)

LY182/NHB CTR

I was paying around £600 fully comp for my 205 GTi.. but when I brought my 172 I found cheaper ins.. around £400 now fully comp..

but then I am an old driving Miss Daisy with lots of NCB