ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I put an AFR/wideband sensor here...?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
On the turbo down pipe? Or is that just for an EGT sensor?

null-30.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I wouldn't put it that close, it will get cooked. There's usually guideline from the wideband manufacturer on how far to mount after a turbo. I'd want to be a couple of foot downstream most of the time

172 cup, Impreza P1
different type of sensor, there's a few different ones for different applications

Cant imagine the gases will cool much if you move it down stream by a few 100mm's. The only thing would be the sensor if further away externally from the turbo but a decent bit of heat shielding would sort that.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
put it this way, if you mount it close, you might get away with it, it you mount it further away, it will definitely be safer

Trophy 182
If you put it there the sensor will last about a week before it packs up.

Iv had a MR2 turbo with lc1 wideband on and mx5 turbo in past with a AEM wideband. both recommend its mounted as far away from the turbo as possible.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Hmmm mixed results in here! I've got a gen90 so I'm guessing I could just replace one of the lambda sensor further down? As I'm assuming the lambda is no longer used? I will confirm that beforehand though