ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I try this to get cheaper insurance

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Hi, Im getting bum banged by the insurers, I thought it was because I have made a claim, got 3 points an only 1 NCD, but after removing the claim, and the points it only came down to about £2100. But if I put say my brothers post code and address in, it comes down almost a grand!! Could I say I live at my brothers address and if the worse should happen an it gets stolen from outside the house where I do live I could just say I was visiting? (say insured for social, domestic and commuting) Also on many of the sites there is an option to change the mailing address to one diff to the one you put in for the quote, so the mail would even come through to my correct living address. BUT would there be a problem with my driving license having one address an my insurance cert having a diff one ? Any one done this? Thanks for reading guys.

hmmm bit dodgy i think dude! you could always "move" in with you brother, then move out!

i think the car has to be at the address stated for a percentage of the time, not sure what it is though!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Dunno, i did it when i w in the forces. with moving around all the time it was easier and a lot cheaper to isnsure the car at my mums address, but it was hardly ever there!

When i had a bump while posted in wales there were no questions asked. I just said i was workin there at the time!

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Right, thanks for the info guys, going to have to take a look, if the areas rep dont improve in the next 5 months than its an extra grand Ill have to pay, but saying that I would not pay that much to insure my car.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

what the fudge ive got 1 yr no claims and ive declaired my lowering (60mm) and it only costs me 800 which aint too bad my first year cost 1500 3rd party on a fezza 1.0 now im fully comp on a clio 1.2 dynamique. 3 points shouldnt do that much damage one of the girls i work with told her insurance company and they just said oh well and charged her £10 for the points

[Edited by rancidrancid on 9/20/2004 7:35:05 PM]