ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can the competitiion stripes be removed

Hi,

Im currently waiting on my 182 to be delivered but am looking at around 10 weeks. My dealer has been on the phone today and they have sourced one with competition stripes that i can have immediately. But I dont really want the stripes. Is there a way of having them removed without damamging the paintwork? if so how much roughly is it to get done?

Please let me know

Gareth

RB182cup&golf gti

ask the dealer to remove them, sure they wouldnt want to lose out on a sale for the sake of the stripes - should be fairly easy to remove in any case, ive heard that someone on here removed them using a hair dryer.

Octavia VRS

the stripes can look cheap, dont think id want them either BUT id also be wary about removing them if they were already on the car

They are just vinyl stripes and will come off really easy especially as they havnt been on long! warmer the better (hair dryer) and anyone that doesnt bite there nails.

someone on here took them off and it was easy apperently, but it is a renault so give it a month and they will just fall off anyway

Ford Fiesta

Personally if I was ordering a brand new one Id wait to get a brand new one not one they can "source" and one they have to change to your spec. But its up to you.

dk

911 GTS Cab

id take delivery of it as is and see if you like it first, in the flesh you may grow to like the stripes and then arrange with the dealer to have it booked in a week after you receive the car to take them off and you could always cancel if you decide you want to keep them?

If there williang to waiver the cost of the stripes id take it and do what has been said, see if you like them, if not get the stealer to remove them.

cheers for all the advice - after thinking long and hard have decided to wait for the new reg in March. They wouldnt guarantee the paintwork and the person on the phone was a bit arsey about removing them. I can wait that little bit longer.

Gareth