ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can the signal strength/channels u get change with diff freeview boxes?!?

Ok, moved into a new flat in london on the weekend, missing Sky digital already.

thought i'd buy a Freeview box to helop my woes for now so got a £40 phillips jobbie, thought middle of the range should be ok.

balls to that, can't even get itv or channel 4!? whats up with that!?

we get, BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, HITS, FTN, BBC NEWS, FILM FOUR, A COUPLE OF CBBC CHANNELS, A COUPLE OF THOSE SHITTY LIFESTYLE CHANNELS AND THAT ABOUT IT.

No E4, More 4, ABC etc etc. but more importantly, how can u be in central london and not get itv, channel 4 and channel 5!?

could it be better if i change the box for a diff one?

The channels i do get are picked up perfectly.

its in a block of flat you see so we use a communal aerial will a booster still work with that? or am i better off actually buying a separate aerial and aiming it out the window as opposed to using the communal one?

MK1 Clio 16v
Buy your own mate, at least you'll know it's a good one. The communal aerial is probably a rusty sainsburys trolley with a cable running up to it!

just had a look at the communal its an old bastid.
Just found one at work, gonna half inch it. ;)

will a signal booster work.. im in Brondesbury in London.

So we're all agreed the box wont make a diff then yeah?

Dansta said:
will a signal booster work.. im in Brondesbury in London.

no dont bother it wont boost a digital signal. digital works differently from the old signal as a booster cant repace what isn't there.

Clio Campus Sport
The actual digital boosters seem to work pretty well but cost nearly as much a the digi box for good one. Bad weather also upsets the signal.