ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can the wrong Gearbox oil make a difference

Clio 16V T4 Turbo Engine
I have today been told that on ereason my gearbox has suddenly started to crunch in second and third is due to having a FORD MTX 75 gearbox oil and not the recommended 80/90w that renault spec

i only used this as it was in my garage as my brother, who is not gay, owns an RS2000 (i have tried to disown him but he keeps coming back)

Discuss ??????

MERCEDES CLS AMG
elf semi synthetic 75/80's is the best tackle - most JB1 / JB3 / JC5 boxes suffer from stiff gear change - this stuff will cure the problem

Chocolate Bar™
elf semi synthetic 75/80's is the best tackle - most JB1 / JB3 / JC5 boxes suffer from stiff gear change - this stuff will cure the problem

i was just about to order some millers gearbox oil off demon tweeks next week. where can you get the elf from, and how much does it normally retail for?

Clio 16V T4 Turbo Engine
i only ask as the box is fine when cold then a little bit crunchy in second and third.

i will try the elf oil and see what happens but any ideas as the post before says on where to get some ?