ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can These Be Smoothed

Actually, looking at them close up it doesnt really seem possible.

Will teach me to by things last minute in a rush eh.

What does everyone think of the skirts?

This comments made me think and now Im sad.

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 23 December 2004

Looks awesome fella, very subtle, not a big fan of the side skirts tho ruin the smooth look imo

Punto/Clio GTT

yes but will be hard finding someone to be willing to do it. tricky to do, plastic welding, fibreglass , filler etc etc. ide just sell em n buy some differnt ones myself mate.

FM

H22A7 Accord Type R

cant u just get the ends smoothed down to match the middle??? wud look better that way

Punto/Clio GTT

with great care lol! small stanley blade down the back of em to cut the bonding adhesive, then you could try a toffee wheel on the actual bond thats left.. or trust someone with a small razorblade. little flat and mop out the surface scratches.

wont see em anyway its that low down

FM

H22A7 Accord Type R

*and if they aint solid and it leaves two holes, they can be nice air vents hahaha

Punto/Clio GTT

i think those skirts look like lenghthened table legs lol, no offense like. love your motor but those skirts are horrific :(

FM

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 23 December 2004

i think those skirts look like lenghthened table legs lol, no offense like. love your motor but those skirts are horrific :(

FM
f**king great :(

with great care lol! small stanley blade down the back of em to cut the bonding adhesive, then you could try a toffee wheel on the actual bond thats left.. or trust someone with a small razorblade. little flat and mop out the surface scratches.

wont see em anyway its that low down

FM
Im talking about getting them taken off by a garage thou?

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 23 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 23 December 2004

How do you take them off once they are bonded?
Hold onto the top of the car and stand on them.
Is that a constructive comments or sum dum arse comment?

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 23 December 2004

How do you take them off once they are bonded?
Hold onto the top of the car and stand on them.
Is that a constructive comments or sum dum arse comment?
The latter.

Punto/Clio GTT

yea thats how theyll get em off, only way you can get bondn adhesive off is cutting it, youll melt the skirts before the bonding stuff becomes tacky to pull off.

i work ina bodyshop mate and only way i would get those off is with a small bendy stanley blade and with alot of care, then chop off the excess bond and polish out any small scratches.

FM

yea thats how theyll get em off, only way you can get bondn adhesive off is cutting it, youll melt the skirts before the bonding stuff becomes tacky to pull off.

i work ina bodyshop mate and only way i would get those off is with a small bendy stanley blade and with alot of care, then chop off the excess bond and polish out any small scratches.

FM

Bit of the pain in the arse job then? FF SAKES! I may have to just suffer with the skirts.

M8 as i said in the other thread there is a front spliter that replaces your old 1. which is colour coded and carrys on that bump from the front , of the car i was looking at getting them skirts but decied to get the other 1s like the 1s in the pics in the other thread

Gregg

Punto/Clio GTT

yea tis abit.. depends how much sikaflex the garage used. if its just a seam along the edge then screwed at the bottom or sides then it aint so bad.. but if theyve gone to town (like 99% of places do so they dont fall off), they are a right b**ch to get off without damaging paintwork.

FM

Looks like im fooked! I am so pissed of with myself right now, didnt really know what I was buying!

Gregg, you have PM