ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can this be refurbed?

Car  Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Apologies for not great pics but do you reckon this can be refubed? Had an argument with a lorrys front step! The damage is all to the spokes and not to the rim edges. If it's not worth refurbing then it will be up for sale shortly if anyone wants it (without tyre though).

2718966697_ab896ebd9b_b.webp

2718969455_b1d1253eb9_b.webp

2718965503_4f9292e427_b.webp

2719790644_2acb9c43ef_b.webp
 
Yes i can do it, but not 100% sure how close the anthracite i use would be to the original anthracite.

I will double check later for u 2nite, but i can do it for u.

£25 for the wheel.
 
OK, it would need to be a perfect match or I'd rather buy a new wheel and sell this one. Also I would need to post it to you and get it returned. £25 sounds good though, shame you're not closer to Notts?!
 
Yea... i will go outside in a mo, and put a 182 cup wheel in anthracite next to my wheels and see how close the match is.

I'll get a photo too.
 
Cool, thanks for that. Will look at the photo. How much do couriers charge for wheel delivery?
 
I think there are some services on eBay that'll be cheap.

Just went out and took a photo, and i'll have to admit, its not a perfect match, mine seems a tad bit darker.

31072008794.webp
 
Thanks for going to the effort of checking.

I'd be after a better match to be fair, although I have seen your work before and there are certainly no quality issues. If I was having all 4 refurbed I wouldn't mind a variation.

I might just flog this wheel and get a new one. Will post it up for sale.
 
Dont sell that wheel, that definately looks like it can be refurbed. Get it done profesionally for £30-40 and save yourself a lot of hassle. Chances are they will be able to get a 100% colour match too
 
Yeh, might look into it. Need someone local to Nottingham ideally. Anyone recommend anyone before I do the internet/yellow page trawl?
 
Dont sell that wheel, that definately looks like it can be refurbed. Get it done profesionally for £30-40 and save yourself a lot of hassle. Chances are they will be able to get a 100% colour match too

I'd even be wary of getting it done professionally..

The 182 cup wheels that i am refurbing for 182-racing-blue had one that was professionally done, the match was awful, totally a different color.

I guess anthracite is a hit or miss tbh. (i'm doing them gloss black to save the hassle lol)
 
To be honest with you all, I think I'll get new one and flog this. I'm also selling a brand new 172 alloy too so if they both sell it'll go some way to a new 182 alloy. Cheers for all advice...
 
Back
Top