ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can 'Update List' directly replace a 'Tuner List' without cutting or changing wires?

Clio
Hi,

I have a 2002 Clio. Does anyone know if an 'Update List' radio/cd directly replace a 'Tuner List' radio/cd without cutting or changing wires?

Basically, can I remove my 'Tuner List' one and plug in an 'Update List' one and it will work with no problems?

Clio
Re: Can 'Update List' directly replace a 'Tuner List' without cutting or changing wir

How do you know this? Is it because you had to do this yourself?

Re: Can 'Update List' directly replace a 'Tuner List' without cutting or changing wir

I've done the same in my old Clio II 1.5 dCI.

And you change the radio, then you need to change the LCD and change wiring.

You only do not need to change anything if you change from a Tuner List K7 Radio to a Tuner List CD Radio. Tuner to Update need that kind of changes.

Clio

Oh OK, thanks for your help with this. Much appreciated. I have just searched and found this on another post on another thread which confirms exactly what you have told me:

"Re: standard head unit update list question
update least cannot be put in a vehicle with tuner list,tuner list is resistive, update list is can bus, 2 completely different systems, just wont function"

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Why bother ? Put a decent HU in there like Alpine.

Clio

We did try it and putting an "update list" radio in did not work at all. So we bought an ipod connector thing off ebay that makes the radio thing that the ipod is a multi CD changer. Works fantastic and charges the ipod / iphone too.

"Re: standard head unit update list question
update least cannot be put in a vehicle with tuner list,tuner list is resistive, update list is can bus, 2 completely different systems, just wont function"

This. Cannot be swapped.

Clio

After lengthy research this definitely cannot be done. Therefore we just left the old radio in and aren't going to bother with the Aux input wire. The update list radios can have an Aux in wire plugged into the back, but the tuner list ones cant. So we just got an ipod connector thing and plugged it into the part on the radio thats for a CD changer. Its excellent! The radio thinks my ipod is a CD changer. Love it !