ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you clay in the rain?

Titanium 182
Hi

Spent 3 hours carefully cleaning every inch of the car late last night as I've taken today off to clay, polish and wax the car and guess what....

sodding raining!

Can I still clay it in the rain as surely this will just add to the slippery ness of it?

Cheers
Neil

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
From what I've read on here, to clay you need the car to be wet anyway - people use some spray detailer - so I think it would be fine claying in the rain... might be a bugger seeing which bits you've done though.

I wouldn't polish/wax though tbh.

RB 182
DarthCake said:
I wouldn't polish/wax though tbh.
Same here.

If it is raining, I'd probably wait till it stops and then give it a quick wash first.

Last edited:
  106 GTi
If claying in the rain, use soap and water rather than the QD though. Saves the QD getting too diluted and then having the risk of scratches.

Titanium 182
cheers all

just as i went out the rain stopped so i slightly dried it then clayed it for the 1st time. You really can see the crap coming off its superb, especially feeling the paintwork afterwards.

the sun then came out so I managed to polish it then wax it.

chuffed to nuts!

neil