ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you do without it?!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Ok so since getting my car it had the cam cover lug thats meant to bolt to the lower inlet mani snapped off!!

stupidly i forgot this today and when i tried to tighen the braket that goes above it on.....BANG, the lug snapped off that too!!

IMG_0956.jpg

look see

now there are still 2 of the large bolts holding the cover on and i wanted to know if these were enough?!

obviously my first thought was that it wouldnt be, but most people running ITB's or RS2 inlets dont have the lower inlet for the lugs to bolt to, and therefore giving no support here, and they have therefore left the hole empty!

cb37c4e5.jpg

see the green ring in this pic, (stolen from user JamesT87 sorry). ive found a few others of people leaving this hole empty, and some have put a nut on the other side, which offers no support other than fixing the two covers together a bit more securely!!

can someone with more knowledge than me tell me if its ok to leave this bolt out?! id sooner not have to order more paint, get the new brackets and paint them before i get the engine in if i dont have to!!