ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you help?

clio mk1 1.8rsi+saxo vtr
i have just got a new amp but it keeps coming up with the protection light i have put a multimeter on it and it has enough power going to it, it has a good earth connection and has power getting from the headunit i have not put the subwoofer on to it yet as i see no point till it powers up does anyone have any ideas??:(

clio mk1 1.8rsi+saxo vtr
1000w rms
2200w peak
i am using 1000w power and earth cables
i have a 1000w jvc kevlar cone dual voice coil sub thats y i aint connected it yet

Polo + Micra
are you checking if you got enough voltage at the amp with the hu on?

do know the size of the cable?

clio mk1 1.8rsi+saxo vtr
i have enough power getting into the amp with everything connected but the protection light still comes on the power cables are the ones that come in the wiring kit supplied with the amp

Polo + Micra
yeah but there will only be current drawn when the amp is "on"

so it will show 12v+ at the amp but could drop to anything and thus your amp going into protect.

either that or the output hexfet's are toast and the amp is f.u.b.e.r

clio mk1 1.8rsi+saxo vtr
i am ripping the amp apart this weekend and checking all the internals so i will see what its like thanks for your reply's