ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you help ?

Clio gt dci
Hi, I’m a newbie and I’m after some advice please.
I’ve just bought a Renault Clio Mk3 2010 and I have a problem with the trip computer sporadically going dim then brightening again ( the rest of the dash display is fine).
I’ve google searched and although this seems a common occurrence there has not been a definitive solution.
Can anyone help ?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard!

Have you any history of when the battery might have been replaced? On my 182, the main display was fine, but I lost half of the centre console lettering through a tired battery.

Got a new one, swapped it over and all was good and bright again.

For the price that they are and the fact that winter is approaching - I'd try that first, assuming there's no receipt for a new battery in April or something.

Clio gt dci
Thanks for your reply.
The battery is fully charged and all the other lights are working fine, nice and bright.
It’s just the trip computer.

Perhaps it's a loose connection behind / within the dashboard, but it's a PITA to get the dials binnacle out to check that sort of thing.

TBH, if it's not causing any actual issues with running day-to-day, I'd put it down to 'character'... :D lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps it's a loose connection behind / within the dashboard, but it's a PITA to get the dials binnacle out to check that sort of thing.

TBH, if it's not causing any actual issues with running day-to-day, I'd put it down to 'character'... :D lol
That was the point that I'd got to. I even purchased new bulbs to go behind the the dash, but seeing just how much of a task it was to remove the dash in the first place - I just put up with it.

Several months later, the battery died. Put a new one in and ta-da! Fully working centre console again. I was SO glad that I didn't go to those lengths of removing the dash for something so simple.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Its a sealed unit - will be a dry solder
I had it on a 200 we took the dash top off & gave the top of the binnacle a tap ( or a more generous whack ) & it was fine...