ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you remap a 1.4 16v clio?

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
well at the end of the day i will be the person driving the car and if you listen to what people say on the internet 50% of it is bullshit anyway..

but obviosly if your selling a product you wana make it look good lol he will be like o yes mate it makes it veryy fast.... when it doesnt lol

MCS R56
strip it & map it.. do what u want. Dont listen to these guys.

spend your money in anyway that makes you happy

That's the point, I don't think he will be happy with increases. He'll not notice a whole lot. Stripping it makes sense though.

Megane 225 F1
Well the description says that gains of 8bhp can be found, however this isnt definate. It will give power. If your going to go all out and get everything (exhaust system, induction, remap) might as well get this aswell (aslong as money isnt a problem).

Turbos.
Well the description says that gains of 8bhp can be found, however this isnt definate. It will give power. If your going to go all out and get everything (exhaust system, induction, remap) might as well get this aswell (aslong as money isnt a problem).

It would be 8bhp somewhere within the rev range, not necessarily at peak.

hmm trueee my mate calls my car electric car lol he says when i rev it sounds electric so im quite annoyed at him.... gotta do something about it :) but first will have to get 172 front and back bumperr and grill with L&R wings. :)

Vantage
if you want big speed buy this

gt3_09_0_0_0.jpg

the end. lol

but for a non-sport clio.. i gott'a say i love the way this car is mod'ed.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=438446&highlight=1.6+turbo

Last edited:
  MCS R56
hmm trueee my mate calls my car electric car lol he says when i rev it sounds electric so im quite annoyed at him.... gotta do something about it :) but first will have to get 172 front and back bumperr and grill with L&R wings. :)

An induction kit will make it sound better, which is cheap. It gives the engine a bassier, beefier sound.

yea ive seen that its sick if i was rich i would turbo my car for the fun of it..

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
To be quite honest you're wasting your money, you will spend a good £1000 to maybe gain 10-15 bhp at the very most

I couldnt give a rats ass what the website says in all honesty, like its previously been said, that increase could be anywhere in the rev range, not at peak power

I had a K4m 1.6 16v megane and they're 110 bhp standard, I had a full exhaust, de-cat, custom induction (pipework etc) and matched inlets and I put it on the rollers, it made 110 bhp, I did later find out the actual induction bend had came off the throttle body so i imagine it will have lost a considerable ammount of power through this, may be 5 bhp if you're lucky

So maximum spend £1000, gained maybe 5-7 bhp in the process

Best mod to do is meant to be a 4-2-1 manifold, get good release of torque, and I imagine with a re-map you may see gains of 15-18 bhp, but in all honesty, after you've spend a good £1500 to gain the speed of a 1.6, you could've bought yourself a 172, or maybe try a 106 gti/saxo vts, cheap thrills :)

Best mod i did to my megane was strip it out, free power to weight :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i couldnt be bothered to read the full thread due to knowing what sort of answeres you were going to get for asking a question about a slow model.... typical CS

anyway, remaping will give you the biggest gain on any mod you can do for less than 1k on that engine.

if your interested in getting a full exhaust, manifold, decat, filter etc then obviously do the remap last so it takes all of these into consideration.

as much as i like k-tec dont bother with them for a remap as they just use a generic RS tuning map afaik, go to RS tuning direct and get a custom map.

although first mod id be doing is converting it to a 1.6 16v K4M for the extra torque

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
although first mod id be doing is converting it to a 1.6 16v K4M for the extra torque
I was going to point this out but thought the guy may not want to pay for the extra insurance, although they look the same in appearance so would be upto the owners choice to advise insurers etc ;-)

M

mini-valver

Seriously, you wont get anywhere NEAR 130bhp from bolt on s**t. I got 30bhp from cams, plenum and headwork on my 1.6 on RStuning's rollers.

By my head and plenum, then map it ;)