ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you run throttle body's on your standard ECU

Clio sport 182
I want to fit throttle body's but I don't know if you can use your standard ECU, need help please?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Possbile, but not ideal. You need to take a MAP signal from after the throttle plates, which means tieing them all together and playing around with pipe sizes etc.

Easiest on a ph1 (cable throttle), but possible on all.

Is there a reason you want to spend a load of time/money doing so rather than just take the easy (and realistically cheaper in most cases) option and go aftermarket though?

Clio sport 182
Well I was watching the ktec step by step videos on YouTube and I'm sure they just put the laptop into the standard ECU.
And they changed it to a throttle cable to which comes with the kit.
And all the old plugs and thing like that went back into the throttle body's.
Any of you seen them videos ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well I was watching the ktec step by step videos on YouTube and I'm sure they just put the laptop into the standard ECU.

They plug in a new ecu which is programmable.

HBT 172 Cup

Plugged into GEN90 ECU.

EDIT: Seems im a bit late lol