ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canceled 182 order

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Placed an order with newcardiscount.com for a Racing Blue 182 with cup suspension pack for 12,400 otr, delivered to my house.

Ordered car on 16th july told that delivery would be within 6 weeks, so 1st Sept was new 54 plate so would wait for then, 2 weeks later told end of Sept, this came checked with broker, now Oct 10th, On 8th Oct phoned again and said, when is my car going to be delivered was told that someone would phone me back, No one did!

Monday afternoon rung them up again after 10 mins. on the phone told Nov 5th! Canceled my order then and put it in writing/email to dircetor.

Tuesday 5:40pm phone call from director saying that there were two people with the same name and that they ordered the same car and so I was told the wrong information and that my car would be ready on the 22thOct.

By then already brought a 182 from dealer in Watford picking up on Thursday!

don't

2 people with exact same name lol, bollox, stupid idiots, bet they regretted messin u about now, nice loss of a sale 4 them

btw u dont have a common surname do u??

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 13 October 2004

2 people with exact same name lol, bollox, stupid idiots, bet they regretted messin u about now, nice loss of a sale 4 them

btw u dont have a common surname do u??
surname ANDERSON

dk

911 GTS Cab

well at least you bought another 182, I was getting visions of another im going to snub the 182 because someone has messed me around and going to buy an inferior CTR!;)

What did you buy in the end, racing blue again with both cup packs?

Oh and what price difference was there, was it worth the change or do you now wish you had stuck with it if it was cheaper with the broker?

David

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Same car, same price, 1 owner ( dealer ) ex demo with 2100 miles and June 04 plate, but putting private plate on it anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by msa172mk1 on 13 October 2004

Same car, same price, 1 owner ( dealer ) ex demo with 2100 miles and June 04 plate, but putting private plate on it anyway.
Where you from mate? I live in watford and this car sounds exactly like the one I was going to buy! Was in racing blue with cup pack going for around 12000. Wheels are the dull grey colour were they not? A good guy call Dean works there who I dealt with.

Hi all, new to the forum but have been reading for a while.

Couldnt resist, had to add my tupence worth to this subject.

I also ordered a 182 from these people(new-car-discount) on 19th Aug, told when initially placing order that it would be within 10-14 days, then written confirmation came, said Sept 04, (4-6 weeks) , after reading all the posts on here came to the conclusion that it would be a while longer. So i rang them to see if date given was realistic as the factory had been shut down in Aug., they didnt even know till i told them. With this info they then said it would probably be 2nd or 3rd week in Oct. Same as you mate, then got another written conformation for 10th Oct (last Sunday). So moved all my money out of savings into deposit account for the cheque last Friday morning, Friday afternoon i rang them to see if all was well, guess what, date been changed to NOV. 16th.

So then starts looking back on Autotrader website to try and source another one and see that they are advertising new 182s IN STOCK, Gave them another ring to see WTF, guy said hed ring back Monday with what he could get.

So now i am getting another car, this time with the spoiler pack, as well as sus pack, in same colour.

Supposed to be coming within 7-10 days, we shall see.

Sorry for such a long first post but feel better for getting it of my chest.

Just let this be a warning to anyone else thinking of using them, good prices, shocking service

just got my delivery date to the dealer as 6th november..

i was told originally end of october so a little out but acceptable...

i bought mine from there (new car)i had hassle with them in the end renault business told me i could of got the same deal with them direct i am now waiting for the log book 3 months later just be aware of that by the way

300bhp MR2 Turbo

2nd hand is the way forward!

Dont think Id ever want to fart around and wait more than a few days for a car!

I have the patience of a little kid when it comes to cars!

dirtydingo, that was my delivery to the dealer, not to me, NOV 16th, then another 4-5 days before its ready for delivery to me.

Ordered alternative on Monday, told 7-10 days to me, its now Thursday and still havnt heard anything, dont even know if its got to dealers yet, and then they need 4-5 days to register, valet, tax it etc., will be ringing tomorrow afternoon to hear their latest excuses.

LEECE, already prepared for the wait for log book, to do with it being pre-reg.

TBH i didnt realise buying a new car was going to take soooo long as all you ever hear in the press is about over production.

chris

BMX

I was at Renault Watford today ordering the effectively the same car as yours. They showed me round your motor so I could see the paint/trim, etc. Spencer said that this one was an ex-demo waiting for collection.......

Anyway, looked well mint, hope u r pleased with it.

astra break

I ordered mine July 27th with a given delivery date of 22nd of October, It arrived 16th of september at the dealer (were talking about belgium here )

The guy who ordered my car ordered the incorrect colour (he ordered racing blue instead of the arctic blue, J41 against J45) which gave me another discount for about 2000 euros (about 1300£) In total I have a 182 with cup pack for 17635 euros which is 11600£ LOOL !!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by kwingy1 on 13 October 2004

Where you from mate? I live in watford and this car sounds exactly like the one I was going to buy! Was in racing blue with cup pack going for around 12000. Wheels are the dull grey colour were they not? A good guy call Dean works there who I dealt with.
Live in Reading seen car advertised in Autotrader, dealt with a guy called Spencer Lang