ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canceling Insurance when paid in full...

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Hi, my insurance runs out in Feb, and I wish to pay in full to save the extra they bump on for the privilege of paying it monthly, but the thing is I dont think I will still have my lil brum brum for another year, how easy will it be to cancel an get the rest of the money back ? Will they charge me etc ? Not sure of the company because I have no quotes yet but I think it will be one of the big players like direct line or Churchill, thanks :)

Piss easy, they will simply refund you the money back that hasnt been used effictivly.

If you plan to change car they will simply change ur policy and you pay/get refunded the difference.

I canceled my first insurence policy (wiht direct line) after a few months, when i found out the b******s wouldnt insure me wiht mods

Be very carful some companies give you very little back (Adrian flux/Highway are like this) most of them charge an administration fee which can account for a month of your cover anyway.

don't

anyone know any more on this

a mates policy started yesterday with churchill, he now wants to buy my car, but they wont allowmods, can he get a full refund?

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 26 May 2005

anyone know any more on this

a mates policy started yesterday with churchill, he now wants to buy my car, but they wont allowmods, can he get a full refund?
If he was to cancel, he would receive a refund for the difference dependant on how long is left on the policy.

£1200 for years policy, cancel halfway, £600 refund in theory, but expect a hefty admin fee with some companies.

Thats just a very rough example by the way.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I think with my insurance (through Admiral) you can cancel within a week or two for a full refund (assuming you havent made a claim). I may be getting my wires crossed but Im pretty sure thats right. You may find that Churchill do the same thing?

On the subject of cancelling after a few months, its like Badinvincible (muthafukca!) says. If you cancel half way through, you wont get half the money back

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ricks right I think you do get a cooling off period after buying insurance so if its only a day or 2 he should get his money back but check the small print.