ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cancelling a mobile contract

Astra Bertone Coupe
Is it possible to cancel a mobile phone contract ?

Am currently on an 18 month contract with Orange that runs out in April but the service is terrible and every month I seem to have these stupid little charges here and there as well. Am looking to move over to o2 and probably get an iPhone but a was wondering if it's as simple as walkin into the Orange shop, cancelling the contract and then going down to o2 to get sorted with a new one ?

Also, am not sure but I've heard Orange allow cancellation after a certain amount of months into the deal.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
To finish off a contract early you will have to pay the remaining balance off, so say you have 6months left then all that will have to be payed off in 1 lump sum,

Astra Bertone Coupe
Hmmm maybe a should wait then and see if o2 will make their tarrifs any better when Orange and Voda get the iPhone....

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I was going to do the same, but i managed to give the other contract to my mum so shes payin for the vodafone now whilst im on o2 iphone :)

What phone do you currently have GM ?

Only other way is to sell your phone, and use that money to finish the contract off :)

Astra Bertone Coupe
Nokia N85. Think am goin tae go and see about the iPhone after the Chelski game and find out if they can do me a decent deal at all. Do o2 do and unlimited texts bolt on ?

Honda & VW
i've had enough of phone contracts (especially the 18month ones).
Nowadays the pay as you go deals are so good i think thats what i'll do next.
However if you're after a fancy/newest phone then contracts make sense.

Astra Bertone Coupe
i've had enough of phone contracts (especially the 18month ones).
Nowadays the pay as you go deals are so good i think thats what i'll do next.
However if you're after a fancy/newest phone then contracts make sense.

Contract is the only way for me really other than paying ridiculous money to buy an unlocked iPhone.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Nokia N85. Think am goin tae go and see about the iPhone after the Chelski game and find out if they can do me a decent deal at all. Do o2 do and unlimited texts bolt on ?

Ye its £7.50 a month iirc, they will go through it with you in-store, for some reason i have 1200mins 500txts, other way round i want it, i barely use 15min a month :eek:

Astra Bertone Coupe
Ye its £7.50 a month iirc, they will go through it with you in-store, for some reason i have 1200mins 500txts, other way round i want it, i barely use 15min a month :eek:

Same mate, am barely ever on the phone, only really use texts. Am not sure wether to wait till Orange get it and see if a can get any sort of decent deal cause even on the £35 tarrif, the phone still costs nearly 100 bucks.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yee, tbh im not sure why o2 have set stupid amounts of Minuted tbh, but i am tempted to go in and see if they could change it, minde they will most probably charge me for doing it...

Is it the 32gb 3gs you been looking at? i had to pay £96quid or something like that for it, but i got it through the post reasonably quick

Astra Bertone Coupe
Aye the 32GB 3GS mate. Is it £96 with the £35 tarrif ? If thats the case a might see if they'll throw in the bolt on for free although a doubt I'll have much luck :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No its £96 with the 44quid tariff iirc,

Best to have a chat in store fella, see what they can do for your likeing :)

182 ff
just a quick one people if you no anyone who works in john lewis or waitrose, your can get a friends and family discount i pay 30 pounds a month for my i phone contract while you lot pay 45 soften's the blow