ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Candy for my eyes at night

Audi TT 225
Nuff said... :approve:

dash01.gif

dash02.gif

That looks really good! Was it hard to fit, have u changed all your other interior lights to blue aswell? Looks pretty bright.

CH33MA

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Superb mate, good to see what mines gonna look like!! Could you post or pm as many details as you could please? What you did, what LEDs you needed etc, thanks very much

John

Mondeo STTDCI
I considered this. But its too much hassle to do all the other lights as well!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dave said:
I considered this. But its too much hassle to do all the other lights as well!

Well It only took half an hour for me to do the heater surrounds, just sanded the old paint off and put it back in, gonna take it out and paint it blue though, thought i'd see what its like white.

BMW M3
I'm sure i dont have a 500 rpm marker..... or am i being thick?

edit: Just noticed the redline marker and realised its a mk1.... Taxi !!

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
i like that alot....
first it seemed abit "chavvi"...
but after a few looks, it looks top:)

Audi TT 225
Ye its a 2000 mk1 172 ;)
I used 10 SMD's to change the colour of the dials but I also did my indicators, imobilizer light, dipped lights and front fogs in blue too so it all matches with all the usual stuff you have on. :approve:
I left all the other warning lights etc in the original colour.
Ive just finished the centre console, I used 4 SMD's and a resistor. Im gonna have a bash at the rest tomorrow. Dont fancy taking the lower dash out tho lol!

Best advice I can give is to get stuck in... and use a very very fine solder tip! I used a 0.12mm tip which was just about the right size, dont try and use anything over 1mm. I also used 0.23mm solder which was perfect for the small size. Im using the SMD's from www.rapidelectronics.co.uk and 3 & 5mm LED's from www.ultraleds.co.uk.

Pics are a bit naff due to camera being a bit naff in the dark lol :S

Any 1 fancy doing this to mine????

Based in West Yorkshire, would travel that looks absolutlu awesome!!!

Crate for any1 that fancies it!

A well built VW
EvilJohn said:
Well It only took half an hour for me to do the heater surrounds, just sanded the old paint off and put it back in, gonna take it out and paint it blue though, thought i'd see what its like white.
told you it would sand off, any pics john as i fancy doing the meggy in white

Bumder With A Buffer
RichMcc said:
Ye its a 2000 mk1 172 ;)
I used 10 SMD's to change the colour of the dials but I also did my indicators, imobilizer light, dipped lights and front fogs in blue too so it all matches with all the usual stuff you have on. :approve:
I left all the other warning lights etc in the original colour.
Ive just finished the centre console, I used 4 SMD's and a resistor. Im gonna have a bash at the rest tomorrow. Dont fancy taking the lower dash out tho lol!

Best advice I can give is to get stuck in... and use a very very fine solder tip! I used a 0.12mm tip which was just about the right size, dont try and use anything over 1mm. I also used 0.23mm solder which was perfect for the small size. Im using the SMD's from www.rapidelectronics.co.uk and 3 & 5mm LED's from www.ultraleds.co.uk.

Pics are a bit naff due to camera being a bit naff in the dark lol :S

Have u done the Climate Control lights as well? Always wanted to do this but being lazy i cant be arsed though looking at the pics it'd look quite cool once it's done. How hard to get the needles to glow up red? like in the mk5 golfs??

Oh an how long did it take to do??

Richy : )

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Glad you like it Dave, cos mine is getting done soon!

As promised ( afew days ago!) pics of my heater surrounds. Got to take them off and put in LEDs though, think I might put some blue paint back on as well.

Oh and a before shot of the clock and speedo for people to compare to the blue one

KIF_1727.jpg

KIF_1730.jpg

KIF_1733.jpg

KIF_1738.jpg

KIF_1737.jpg

Last edited:
  A number of clios
looks sweet mate wish i could do mine but ive already broke one set of clocks trying to do it :eek: aint gunna do it again to much hassel n its to expensive if it goes wrong lol

A well built VW
John thats looks ok but once you get the leds in will be mint - you gonna try and do the rear demister and the knobs ??? Im really tempted to do this to mines in white to match the stereo got my eye on a set of clocks on ebay

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Right f**k it, not doing it anymore!

Spent all of Sunday f**king around trying to get the clock display look right, it was either too dark, you could see the bulbs, or green! So balls to it all!

Unless someone can tell me exactly what they used!

Audi TT 225
Im writing a guide for the whole interior, took loads of pics when I did mine ;)
Appart from the climate control... my one never lit up and I cant be arsed to take it out....

dash4.gif

Last edited:
  GOLF GT TDI
i am thinking of doing this in my clio just been looking at your blue dials where the milage is you cant see the numbers in the picture just wondering if thats from the camera or is actually like it on the actual dials

cheers

Polo + Micra
Stu_c said:
i am thinking of doing this in my clio just been looking at your blue dials where the milage is you cant see the numbers in the picture just wondering if thats from the camera or is actually like it on the actual dials

cheers

maybe getting white ones for the display so it still shows maily blue but with white numbers

GOLF GT TDI
thats what i am worried about so u can still see the numbers also do the dials have a amber filter on them which u have to remove? or not?

Audi TT 225
its fine in blue, you cant see the numbers on the pic because of my cam.

no amber filter on the dials only the centre console

GOLF GT TDI
i have done my climate control and replaced with blue bulbs but they are no way near and bright or as blue as i wanted any ideas on where to get some better ones from :(

GOLF GT TDI
just blue bulbs i am now in the process of putting small neons in instead will take a while but should work better :)

GOLF GT TDI
due to the dulness and how stupid it looks i am now in the process of converting the board from standard bulbs to LED ill make a guide on how to do this keep you all posted :)

Clio Campus Sport
i've got a mk2, and changed the demister and lock button lights to blue.
if anybody wants a pic of them, do request.

i had a go at changing the bulbs on the heater controls, but they use a totally different bulb, anyone know what they are called? i want to change them to blue.

GOLF GT TDI
ck_dark_ said:
i've got a mk2, and changed the demister and lock button lights to blue.
if anybody wants a pic of them, do request.

i had a go at changing the bulbs on the heater controls, but they use a totally different bulb, anyone know what they are called? i want to change them to blue.

hi mate can u send me some pics also do u have a guide how u did it?

Clio Campus Sport
i'll get some pics up later but heres a quick guide to changing the demister and lock button bulbs.

Tools: screwdriver, soldering iron, soldering wire and 2 Led bulbs

1. pop out the panel that holds the lock and demister buttons (do this using a screwdriver, be very careful not to damage the dash)

2. remove the buttons from the panel (press in the black things sticking out on the inside of the panel and pull out the buttons)

3. remove the buttons from the wires (again press in some plastic tab and it will come off)

4. remove the cover on the button (again its held by mini clips on both sides of the button)

5. now all u have to do is replace the led bulb inside with a colour of your choice (u can use a 3mm or 5mm led bulb - no need for resistors)

Note: i wouldnt change the red bulb (that turns on when the press the lock button) cos the bulb must be at a certain height.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
O dear my light has gone on the temp/radio display! is it hard to take my dash off and put new ones in! is it a solder job or just pop one out pop another in?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ok i will answer my own question. You just pop the dash off pop the display out stick the new lights in and put the old ones in the bin. Next question when i get round to doing the speedos! do i need to solder these in place??