ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant believe it...

Elise 111R
Well after cleaning, claying and polishing (all by hand) last week i decided to wax today (started raining last week so couldnt do it sooner)

After washing the 182 today i cleaned the front end up then started with waxing with Megs.... well i must of done it in a rush as i've got water stains under the wax where i must of not chamied the car down completly:mad: ..... bugger...

now my question is will this damage the paint should i now clay the car and take off the wax i put on today or could i just leave it as unless its sunny/bright when you look at the paint you cant notice these water marks?

Cheers

Tom

Golf GTI PP Mk7
nah ull be fine mate, just wash the car with a fairly rich mix of shampoo to water to bring as much of the wax of as poss. Then give it a good polish, seal, and re-wax, job done.

106 GTi
A wash with normal strength shampoo and a quick spritz with a Quick Detail spray will sort out the marks.

Elise 111R
cheers guys, wasnt to sure if the hard water would attack the paint work or not... can i ask rich, is the quick detail spray the same stuff you get with megs clay bar kit? i presume its not but which liquid soloution is the quick detail...

cheers

Tom