ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant bolt the strut back up - nearside.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Jack both sides up, if one wheel is on the floor it pushes on the anti roll bar I think :)

RS6 C7
Jack it up/down until the rear beam lines up with the strut, Poke the strut top through the mounting point and put the nut on loose, Then bolt the strut to the beam and tighten it all up.

Ive got the strut top mounted, also tried jacking the other side up and still not enough room?

Thanks for help guys.

RS6 C7
Try jacking the near side down (if you still have the wheel attached) and this should push the beam up, Also try putting a jack under the beam, make sure it doesnt take the cars weight though just its own if you know what i mean.

Try jacking the near side down (if you still have the wheel attached) and this should push the beam up, Also try putting a jack under the beam, make sure it doesnt take the cars weight though just its own if you know what i mean.

Ahh I should of mentioned its the front im doing :)

Lionel Richie
lift the hub up to meet the strut (or push it down if you need to) with a breaker bar through the lower arm