ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant Figure Out Why 6x9s Dont Work!!

iv been gutting my ICE all afternoon cos the rear speakers cut out a few days ago. My amp has power and turns on and off with the head unit so its not that, i took the amp cover off and all looks peachy inside, the front speakers still work, and iv changed the red & whites over, but nothing! I have an alpine head and changer, standard fronts and alpine 6x9s, and a boss amp. It cut out on a speed bump which meant i thought it was a bad connection, but after changing my red and whites around i dont know what it is now! any ideas anyone?

Skoda Fabia vRS

have you tried runnin them off the speaker wires jus to test if there workin, as in not off the amp

heh well this is actually in a fiesta, and there is 0% chance of getting my alpine out of there, its a dashboard off job! sat wth 8 knives tryin to catch all the clips but theres just too many and its too fiddly! just got red and white power at the min, took half an hour to change them over by just feeling around the back with my hands!

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother messin with the head unit

undo your front speakers out the doors if you aint got any back ones and just try one on the front speaker wires

cheers guys, went back and did as brun suggested but they were fine, mechanical genius from next door was walkin past at the time tho so took interest, so thanks for makin me go outside! hehe he circuited it and it was bad connection from battery in the end, water into fuse holder near + terminal argh, so made a new fuse holder out of connectors and plugged the fuse into there, problem solved! :)