ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't get into my car....

Renault Clio 172
Well I got my car back from bodyshop and went to get into it today but no luck, locks aren't opening the doors. Got a new battery for the key and still no luck. Stupid me can't open with key in lock as I took the locks out.

Is there any other way of gaining access to the car apart from smashing a window?

Also, would it just be the battery being dead-been in bodyshop a while?

Thanks from a stupid Stacey

Renault Clio 172
smooth boot so no lock lol

now i feel stupid :D lol

Will RAC be able to open it ? I have RAC cover so no problems with that just didnt want them to have to smash the window then charge me stupid amount for new window

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Well I got my car back from bodyshop and went to get into it today but no luck, locks aren't opening the doors. Got a new battery for the key and still no luck. Stupid me can't open with key in lock as I took the locks out.

Is there any other way of gaining access to the car apart from smashing a window?

Also, would it just be the battery being dead-been in bodyshop a while?

Thanks from a stupid Stacey

Where are you in Cambridge ? PM me and I will see if I can help you...

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I would give them hell for removing those rods Stacey !!!!!:mad:
Nice to meet you;)

Renault Clio 172
I would give them hell for removing those rods Stacey !!!!!:mad:
Nice to meet you;)

Thank you!!!

Well I managed to charge the battery for a bit and shut the doors but now I can't open the doors again lol and the door pop things (that go up and down when lockec/unlocked) stay up.

Will get RAC out tomorrow and see if they can fix the mechanism for me if not then looks like I will be paying the bodyshop a visit lol

Thanks again Brian! was scary seeing how easy it was to do it lol