ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Capliar Paint, What Colour?

VRS
need to tidy up my calipers, any suggestions for caliper colours?
im in a racing blue with athracite wheels

im tempted to stick with a bit of black hammerite but what are peoples thoughts on other colours?

cheers

106 GTi
Loads of colours, Silver, Gold, Red, Blue, Yellow, Black etc.

(Make sure you get smooth not hammered finish)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd just go for hammerite black smooth , it'll help protect the caliper from the baked on brake dust , and help make cleaning them and looking good easier .

I got 3 tins off ebay for £17.00

Monaco Blue Mk2
Personally I think trying to find a blue that matches/looks good is too hard. Couldn't find one for mine. As for random colours, I think red or yellow will look good on your car. Pics of my paint below (I don't think you can find a decent matching blue, just my opinion of course!) and then what I went for for my calipers.

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
Definately silver or black.Yellow, red or blue looks chav unless you've got a big set of Brembos/APs behind the wheels which come in colours as std.

Maz

LY 200
Andy .. I have painted mine black .. Ben and Biffons Bridge have theres yellow and it looks mint :)

Golf R/Leon FR
i have mine painted yellow with hammerite, looks nice the only problem is they get covered in brake dust very quickly im considering doing mine in black. but they do look good in yellow when clean.

RS Meg 175
hhhmmmm wat would you say for a black clio? iam thinking blue or red although i like the sound of yellow muhaha

Monaco Blue Mk2
On black, red or silver. Definatley red though if you have other little red bits, on your wheel caps for example (and obviously the rear lights)

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Silver looks good, depending on what color rims you have. If you have silver rims, then i wouldnt recommend silver. I would rather go with black.

E91 M Sport
I don't think there is any point painting calipers unless you're willing to remove them completely and give them a proper factory finish.

wouldnt it be better to remove them, sand blast them, and have them powder coated?

allthough may cost about 30quid..

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Yellow would look nice on racin blue.....Tempted ,anyone up for a photoshop?

looking for 172 cup
done mine the other day in red looks good :)

Attachments

• 100_0709.JPG
    100_0709.JPG
    392.3 KB · Views: 80
  172 Cup
yellow's the boy like. matches the f1 team colours.
black and grey isnt worth doing as you cant tell you've done it.
red... everybody paints them red.
blue will look cheese on toast.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Is it a big job to do this? How easy is it to take the wheels off and remove the "capliar"
thanks.

1.6 focus zetec....
I wouldnt recommend using any hammerite as some of it is only heat resistand up to 120 degrees....

Kiza

BG 182 FF
my rear drums look rusty as fook u think black hamerite wud be sound on em? do i just paint it straight on? or do i hav to prep etc...cheers

Bye Bye 182....
How do you prepare the caliper before painting them. ie do you need to clean it - what with, does it need a primer etc etc and also how easy is it to paint em?